FIREFIGHTERS were called to Thomas Hardye School in Dorchester after a bus caught fire.
Crews were called to the scene at around 8:45am and have now brought the blaze under control using breathing apparatus, a main line, foam and hose reel jets.
Coburg Road was closed in both directions between the Baynards Road junction and the Marie Road junction while recovery work is carried out.
The Environment Agency along with the local water board were informed about the incident due to a large diesel spillage and water and foam run-off.
It is believed the blaze was caused by overheating brakes - causing severe damage to the single-decker bus.