Around 45 firefighters tackled a blaze at a thatched home near Bridport yesterday.
Crews from Bridport, Beaminster, Charmouth and Dorchester were called to the fire in Powerstock at around 4:40pm.
No one was injured by the fire, which is thought to have been caused by the property's chimney.
Station Mananger Stuart Jeneson, incident commander said: "Crews did a fantastic job knocking back the fire and keeping property damage to a minimum.
"It was a small area of thatch involved adjacent to the chimney. We always recommend chimneys are swept and well maintained, especially in thatch properties."