Login Register

Electric fire causes blaze at Pulham home

By DavidBol  |  Posted: January 03, 2013

fire

An electric heater caused a fire at a Pulham home, North Dorset

Comments (0)

A blaze in Pulham was caused by an electric fire being placed too close to an arm chair.

At 12.45am on New Year's Day - crew from Sturminster Newton and Sherborne were called to a house in the Dorset village.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service crews found a property alight and used two hose reel jets to extinguish a fire in the first floor and roof of the building.

Further assistance was requested from a crew from Blandford.

The blaze was extinguished by 2am, but crews remained on the scene to ensure the area was safe.

The incident caused fire damage to the property and severe smoke damage.

Read more from Blackmore Vale Magazine

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES