EIGHT fire crews were called to a thatched roof on fire in Winterborne Whitechurch.
At around 5:40pm yesterday, crews from Blandford, Poole, Wareham, Hamworthy, Bere Regis, Sturminster Newton, Swanage and Dorchester were called to the property in Lower Street.
Officers found the thatch around a chimney was on fire and spent several hours tackling the blaze.
The fire was brought under control by 8pm. Luckily, the blaze did not spread to neighbouring terraced cottages.
It is thought sparks from a wood burner may have caused the blaze.