WE are terminating our membership of the Virgin Active Club and won’t be transferring to Poole - and here’s why.
1. We are pensioners and the club is local to us so saving time and petrol.
2. We have been members for approximately 15 years and we feel the closure of
the club will effect the community spirit of Corfe Mullen.
3. The club at Corfe Mullen has a good atmosphere and is always friendly.
4. On our visit to Dorset Virgin Active at Poole we found the atmosphere stark and empty. Also we understood their members were up in arms about Corfe Mullen members being transferred to Poole - i.e. on
their patch and the cost in membership difference.
5. When we enquired about the use of the tennis courts we were told this would be an extra £69 plus per month over and above the normal monthly payment fee, whilst at Corfe Mullen it is included.
6. Virgin Dorset may well be having a £3m refurbishment but I query if they will be able to accommodate all of Corfe Mullen members if they choose to transfer as the classes were always full and sometimes over subscribed for yoga for example.
If there was a change of heart and the Corfe Mullen club continues we would be happy to stay.
John A Pocock and Jacky Small