Login Register
 °

Sandbanks Hotel evacuated after person injured in harmful gas leak

By DavidBol  |  Posted: January 04, 2013

fire

The Sandbanks Hotel and parts of the beach have been evacuated after a harmful gas leak

Comments (0)

A Sandbanks hotel has been evacuated after a harmful gas leak injured one person.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called to The Sandbanks Hotel along Banks Road, Poole at around 10:50 this morning.

Crews from Poole and Westbourne are currently dealing with the incident - which is thought to involve chlorine gas and liquid.

Hazmat Officer and Station Manager Louis Minchella said: "A 60-metre cordon has been put in place around the hotel and all guests have been evacuated.

Related content

"We are dealing with a gas leak which can be potentially harmful to people. Fire crews will be committed in gas-tight suits to investigate and isolate.

"The beach and road surrounding the hotel have been closed."

Around 20 firefighters remain on the scene, while the ambulance service are dealing with one casualty.

Read more from Blackmore Vale Magazine

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES