Login Register

Sandbanks Hotel gas leak secured by Dorset fire crews

By DavidBol  |  Posted: January 04, 2013

fire2

The Sandbanks Hotel has been made safte by Dorset fire crews after a gas leak this morning

Comments (0)

A gas leak at The Sandbanks Hotel in Poole has been secured by Dorset Fire and Rescue Service.

A harmful chemical was released from plant equipment - with the hotel evacuated and one person taken to hospital.

Fire crews were called to the hotel along Banks Road, Poole at around 10:50 this morning and have now ventilated and made the area safe.

A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: "The chemicals concerned - sodium bisulphate solution and sodium hypochloride - when mixed make a chlorine solution which gives off chlorine gas.

Related content

"This had escaped from plant equipment into the plant room and surrounding area."

Around 20 firefighters from Poole and Westbourne attended the incident.

Read more from Blackmore Vale Magazine

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES