ROAD works have begun to repair gas, electric and water systems in Sherborne while other works continue.
- Station Road: A trench is being excavated from numbers one to eight opposite the Pageant to enable Southern Electric to install new high voltage cables until Tuesday, December 4.
- Hound Street: Wessex Water is carrying out works until Tuesday, December 4.
- Lenthay Road: Work is running until Wednesday, December 5, to allow for Wessex Water to renew a stop tap near to Sherborne Abbey Primary School.
- Ludbourne Road: Wessex Water is carrying out works to replace a meter at Hunts Frozen Foods until Wednesday, December 5. Temporary traffic lights are also in place outside Ludbourne Hall to allow for Southern Electric to put in new high voltage cables to upgrade the network. A trench is being put across the road and the work is set to be finished on Tuesday, December 11.
- Coldharbour: Southern Electric is also carrying out electric works between numbers one and five on the road. The footpath is being excavated until Wednesday, December 5.
- Ridgeway: Gas works are also continuing to be carried out until Friday, December 14.
- Trendle Street: Remains closed to traffic from Lower Acreman Street to the Half Moon Street junction until Sunday, December 16, while roof repairs are carried out to Chapter House Book Shop.
- Littlefield: Gas mains are being replaced by Southern Gas Networks Plc. The road and footpath alongside of number one Littlefield will undergo work until Friday, December 21, and the footpath that runs between 27 and 29 Ridgeway to one Littlefield will be worked on until Wednesday, December 19.
- Bristol Road: There is still a temporary traffic light system and a lane closure on Bristol Road, outside Sherborne High level Reservoir, to allow Wessex Water to lay pipes. This work began in October and will finish January 17.