Login Register

Unattended candles set fire to bathroom near Wimborne

By DavidBol  |  Posted: February 25, 2013

fire2

Firefighters from Wimborne were called to a blazwe fire at Canford Bottom after unattended candles set a bathroom on fire

Comments (0)

Unattended candles set fire to a property near Wimborne.

At around 6pm last night, eleven firefighters from Wimborne attended a property fire at Canford Bottom.

A male occupant had already extinguished the fire in the bathroom, but was suffering from smoke inhalation.

The bathroom was badly damaged by the fire, with the rest of the property damaged by smoke.

The Red Cross Support Vehicle also attended the incident to give advice to residents.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service are reminding people that candles should never be left unattended and should also evacuate a building and call 999.

No-one should re-enter a property suffering from fire until fire officers have said it is fine to do so.

MOST POPULAR

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION