Login Register

Verwood home catches fire after gas stove used in power cut

By DavidBol  |  Posted: December 04, 2013

fire1

Firefighters are urging Dorset resident to be prepared for a power cut to avoid fires.

Comments (0)

A VERWOOD home caught fire after occupants used a gas camping stove following a power cut.

Crews from Cranborne and Verwood were called to an address along New Road, Woodlands at around 7pm yesterday.

On arrival, officers found the fire had already been extinguished, but a man was suffering from smoke inhalation.

Firefighters administered first aid before an ambulance arrived.

A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service (DFRS) spokesperson said: “Although the damage was limited, this could have been a much worse incident.

“Dorset Fire and Rescue Service would like to advise the public that pre-planning for a power cut can significantly reduce the risk of fire.

“Always ensure you have a number working torches and that everyone in the house knows where they are kept.”

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR