Login Register
 °

Discussion

“Why not dig up pavements and turn them into paRking bays?

The local police have told me they won't prosecute car drivers who park on the pavement so we might as well turn pavements into parking bays and make pedestrians walk in the road.

good idea?”

By Grumpyjen Posted: September 01, 2012

6 comments

6 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Tig733  |  September 26 2012, 11:17AM

Well here, in Poole, they apparently gave parking tickets to a whole load of cars that were parked on the pavements in Alexandra Road. Or maybe it was a traffic warden who did it, not sure, but they all had tickets and now the pavements are (mostly) empty. Ask the police about it...

• Tig733  |  September 26 2012, 11:18AM

Well here, in Poole, they apparently gave parking tickets to a whole load of cars that were parked on the pavements in Alexandra Road. Or maybe it was a traffic warden who did it, not sure, but they all had tickets and now the pavements are (mostly) empty. Ask the police about it...

• Tig733  |  September 26 2012, 11:18AM

Well here, in Poole, they apparently gave parking tickets to a whole load of cars that were parked on the pavements in Alexandra Road. Or maybe it was a traffic warden who did it, not sure, but they all had tickets and now the pavements are (mostly) empty. Ask the police about it.

• mariaenesbitt  |  September 27 2012, 12:12PM

I think that's a very bad idea. Pedestrians are meant to walk on pavements and cars weighing 1-2 tons would damage them. Plus if the pedestrians walked in the road they'd get run over! What about those who are deaf, blind or both - they'd have no chance. They just need to build more carparks.

• Grumpyjen  |  September 27 2012, 3:45PM

Hi mariaenesbitt I was being ironic. I am fed up with having to walk in the road to get round parked cars.

• Mummyduck  |  October 12 2012, 9:59PM

Hi As my husband is partially sighted I get very cross when pavements are obstructed not just by parked cars but also overgrown hedges which can cause nasty injuries so everyone beware you can be sued if you ignore a polite notice that your hedge is a hazard! Perhaps you could print up some polite notices pointing out that their inconsiderate parking is causing a hazard to pedestrians, particularly pushchair users and the partially sighted and blind. It's possible they haven't realised, it is possible to get so caught up in our own daily struggle that we don't consider others.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!